What is Stephen Ministry?
Woodcrest’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
• A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
• A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
• A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
• A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
• Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need
Stephen Ministers Care For People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life—times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as...
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- And many more
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry
The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remain private.
Please contact Pastor Pete Parker at 651-681-9800 if you or someone you know could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister.
Stephen Ministries St. Louis Supports Our Congregations’ Stephen Ministry
StephenMinistries is a not-for-profit Christian educational organization based in St. Louis, Missouri. StephenMinistries provides training and resources to thousands of congreagations and organizations worldwde. Log onto www.stephenministries.org to learn more.